Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I survived.....

Well kids, I survived the hillbilly weekend - with most of my braincells intact...I think...

I prepared myself for the conversations about trucks, crops, and the "who is doing who" talks, the tractor rides, the beer bottle cap races, and the ever so unforgettable sing song around the bonfire...

I even practiced speaking in one word syllables on the ride down but what I did not prepare myself for and remember to expect was.....the mayonnaise...

Why oh why does every food group at these shing - dings have to contain about 10 pounds of that digusting white goo...

We had every type of potato/macaroni/pasta salad known to man dripping in the fat laden "miracle whip" of your choice - I even counted 75 devilled eggs on the table

And if you just didn't get enough of the stuff in every sidedish there was tubs of the mayo stuff available to slop on your burger/hot dog/sausage - And most did!!

My pretty little greek salad looked so lost and out of place sitting there on the buffet (made from old barn doors) - just like me....

You know no matter how much I hate my life sometimes here - all it takes is that 5 hour ride back home to put what I have and where I come from all into perspective...

That and the fact that I can't stop shittin' mayo.....

4 comments:

jbwritergirl said...

You could always try the Mayo Clinic! ARR ARR

JB

Nicki said...

*looks hurt* I like mayonaisse. Does that make me a hillbilly? I already know I'm redneck.

andria said...

I am not even allowed to have mayonnaise or anything else white in our house. My husband gags at the sight of it. He is usually pretty easygoing, but go to the drive through and say no mayo and then get a mayo sandwich, watch the heads roll.

I did notice that the farther north you go the more mayonnaise is used.

maybetomorrow said...

jbwritergirl - Hardy Har Har....stop it...

Freak - don't be sad...I'm not against mayo in general - it's just when there are 17 different types of salads/sidedishes/dips and all are laden with the goo, well... I just shake my head....

Andria - maybe it is a regional thing.... or maybe it's just cause they are all wingnuts....