Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Drip...drip...drip

too....friggin...hot....to...type...
must...go...to....
iceland...
I will never ever bitch ever again about being cold...this is hell

Anyhow the husband is back - notice my lack of posting lately - too busy fighting and feeling too depressed with life (I know boo hoo just leave the bastard already...)

Here's some exciting news - I get to spend the weekend with family that I haven't seen in 20 years and really have no desire to see for another 20 years - yes kids it's the hillbilly family reunion...yee haw..

Now don't get me wrong I truly enjoy and feel great affection for some of these "kinfolk" but seriously it'll take me the rest of the month to return my IQ to normal - and I ain't that bright to begin with....

2 comments:

OneHungMan said...

My ex-wife (yes, I was smart enough once to get divorced) was from Kentucky, and her family was from the hills. I "lovingly" referred to their fair city as Mayberry (really pissed them off, which was half the fun). I'm ashamed to say that I've used the word "kinfolk" when referring to them.

The only thing I enjoyed about Mayberry is that it was socially acceptable to pee on the trees.

Nicki said...

Sometimes I don't get the appeal of going to family reunions. The last one I went to, I kept checking out this hot guy, then realized I was probably related to him. After I got over my gross-out-ed-ness, I figured out he's married into the family. Whew.