Monday, July 24, 2006

A memoir.....


Okay kids, it struck me today that I should write a memoir - a la James Frey style..
You know the type that is based on a little truth and a whole lot a "creativity"

I'm thinkin that instead of it taking place in a rehab centre it could take place in an institution for the criminally insane - well, I work at a crisis centre - close enuf...eh?

The main character (me) instead of being an addict, I would be mentally unstable, not due to drugs and alcohol but because of torment suffered at the hands of a bastard of a husband... (hmmm... maybe too close to home)

And instead of it being called "A million little pieces" it'll be called "Four big chunks" cause that's how they find his body after I'm "finished" with it....

Wow the creative juices are a flowin' now...

And at the end instead of me losing the love of my life that I met at the "Happy Hills Resort", My love is a 25 year old strong, intelligent, gorgeous med intern (think Brad Pitt) who cures me from the psychosis I have been under during my ordeal and whisks me away to his home in the Mediterranean and we all live happily ever after....

Bestseller... Hell, Pulitzer...think movie deal... God I could be on Oprah!

Man I'm tired tonight...

5 comments:

OneHungMan said...

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story...OneHung thinks.

andria said...

I will be looking for Four Big Chunks soon.

Your blog cracks me up. You write like I would like to if only my husband didn't check mine every day.

Can I post a link to you as well?

Michelle said...

I was just going to say 'you crack me up' but looks like Andria beat me to it!

thethinker said...

Give me a heads up when that hits stores.

Funny blog. Keep up the good work.

Nicki said...

So, apparently with your shiny life in the meditteranean, you get away with it.

Good for you.