Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's all good...

Today I was pleasantly surprised - yes kids something not soo sucky happened to me today..
I went to the grocery store today on my lunch to get the usual greek salad and came across and a delightful little sumthin... these..

Now I realize that most probably are wondering what the hell they are as they do appear to be lumps of shit on a plate in this photo but rest assurred they are not..
In fact they were the best thing that happened to me today - so let us rejoice in the wonderfulness (I know not a real word) of the cheddar cheese pretzel - Hurrah!

See, the world can be on your side sometimes - a small artifically flavoured, sodium filled, turd looking morsel can be just the thing to help you appreciate the smaller pleasures in life.....

Well until your ass of a husband returns home to squash any tidbit of happiness you so desperately cling to while the world is spinning out of control around you and you have no way out cause you are broke, broke, broke, thanks to the shopping addiction you indulged in for the last year looking for a "happy fix" and that fact the the boy you desperately love and want to be happy more than life likes the dumb bastard and would be devasted if was not able to play video games with him all fuckin weekend long because you decided to actually leave and try to bring back some shred of a life you once had when you were skinny and smart and full of life...whew.... sorry....lets take a moment...breathe... in and out, in and out...gonna go now.... and have a few pretzels....(this last paragraph must be read very fast in order to get the full effect of my minor meltdown)

5 comments:

Nicki said...

That paragraph came out as was probably said.

Rold Gold makes honey wheat pretzel sticks that are heaven. Especially when dipped in chocolate.

Sarah N said...

I hope you end up happy. Easier said than done but if all else fails, I hope you find a way to make YOURSELF happy.

OneHungMan said...

Oh my God, you're the female version of me.

maybetomorrow said...

Freak - I lived off of chocolate covered pretzels when my boy was in the hospital - can't seem to find them now though..

Another 20 - Thanks for the kind words... stick around - I'm trying

Onehung - say it isn't so - a male me - shudder....your blog is hilarious so I take this a compliment...

Michelle said...

Mmm... chocolate covered pretzels. I was addicted to those things when they used to sell them in the UK, but I think I must have been the only person in the country who liked them, because they stopped selling them after about a year. I was delighted to track some down in the US last month, and merrily stuffed my face with enough of the things to tide me over until I can get my next fix.