Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spring has sprung


Yes I think it really may be happening kids...
Let us keep our fingers crossed that the evil snow is now behind us
Beautiful sunny days lately - high in the upper teens (that's Celsius)
The flowers are beginning to sprout up
The birds are back and singing their chirpy little tunes
The trees are looking like they are ready to burst with buds
Yep it seems that it's all happening....

Now most would see all the abovementioned signs and agree that spring is here BUT
you wanna know how I know that spring is here....

All my clients go off their meds...

Now you would think that the promise of a season of renewal and new beginnings would bring most to a sense a of peace and positive outlooks
Yep, to most that is how it is played out - but not with my "friends" at the crisis centre

Now before you start poo pooing me about my unprofessionalism in this post realize that after 2 weeks of working over overtime, being cursed at, cried on, being told that I personally have the power to make or break someone's existence, and then lastly on Monday being asked to be the guardian of a client's children should they "disappear" has made this girl just need some space to let it all go...

Yep it's spring at the crisis centre, come on down....

God I love the spring..... and yeh, I love my job too....

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I don't know how you deal with all that. It's hard enough for me to deal with my own problems, let alone a bunch of other people's. And I don't understand why people can't just take. their. medication.

maybetomorrow said...

I could give you the popular reasons why people go off their meds but for the sake of time let's just blame Tom Cruise....

Bigg said...

Yes, I agree. Tom Cruise. In collaboration with George Bush, of course, because he's personally to blame for EVERYTHING as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously, though, I hope that some of the better aspects of the season start to shine through for you. With everything you do for others, don't feel guilty about needing some time and peace for yourself.

All my best.