Sunday, March 19, 2006

The big girl goes to the gym...

So I joined a new gym and had my initial fitness test and program set up thingy
Well let me just say it - I. hate. to. exercise.
Yep that blond hottie had his job cut out for him today with this big girl
Here's pretty much the way it went down with mr. exercise extraordinator
"You want me to what??" "I should what??" "You're jokin right??"
So I can't even get my fat ass up on that torture chamber machine and then you expect me to move a body part??? Ha I say Ha Ha
Yep the machines are a total bust - but one must keep trying right?
So we go to the boxing area where there are all the big long black bags you hit, and that bag thingy that you are suppose to hit really fast, and those dumbass boxing gloves that you have to wear
This is how that whole fiasco played out..
"Seriously I can't skip rope, no really this girl don't bounce, no I won't bounce man, back away from me with that rope before I strangle you with it dumbass..."
"Hit that bag.. hmmm... these gloves really stink, like really stink man, ewwwww they really stink when I hit that thing, man I'm gonna get some ebola virus from this stench.."
In all honesty though the boxing stuff was kinda fun and they weren't shittin when they said it was a good cardio workout - I literally had to say I had to pee so I could go to the bathroom and dry heave for about 2 minutes.....
Now on to our one to one program evaluation and set up exercise program:
Fitness level - poor
Cardio level - poor
and some other area that I was poor in - no actually my resting heart rate apparently is good at 62 - go figure an area I'm good in - resting - HA
So I did agree to come back on Tuesday for more fun and giggles - Lord help me...

6 comments:

Nicki said...

Holy cow that made me crack up. I think I'll come back to this post when life is boring and I need a good, hearty laugh.

maybetomorrow said...

Let's just say there is nothing - I repeat NOTHING funny about how friggin sore I am now....
Seriously, there are body parts I didn't even know existed up until this point that SCREAM everytime I move...
Someone shoot me....please....

Libby said...

oh, damn, working out is SO hard & SO painful at first, but, please, keep it up. i promise you'll feel better when you keep doing this! actually, working out puts you in a better mood, wheen you get to where you miss it if you don't do it!
by the way, thank you for coming to my blog!!

CC said...

Thanks for the kind words! I was in a similar situation last year before I got the D70s - there was a lot of hesitation as I just bought a high end consumer camera with all the manual controls, which was in itself a very sufficient tool as well. However my heart was set on the Nikon and bought it almost on an impulse, and I had not looked back.

Wouldn't have taken all these pictures without it - the camera has given me lots of joy, and there is a certain solace just holding it in my hands, walking about and making pictures.

Highly recommend the D70, and from my experience I'd say the most important thing is to start shooting away - and if the D70 gives you the extra impetus required then go for it! Otherwise really any equipment will do, I have seen some pretty amazing pictures from pros (photo-journalists in war zones) with just regular consumer cameras.

Good luck, do drop by again sometime!

- glimpseofperfection.blogspot.com

Nicki said...

I agree with Libby. Back when I used to rollerblade regularly, if something happened and I couldn't do it, I'd go batty. It might take a little time to get into it, but you will eventually, and you'll reap the rewards.

maybetomorrow said...

Thanks for all the kind encouragment guys - I can actually bend down today without tears so I think I will stick with it - well, really I have to(it's one part of this stupid 4 year plan business I've got going on)
Thanks again - I really appreciate it!!