Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I have a question...

So tonight I've been surfin blogs...well cause I wanted to - and god knows nothing is going on around here....

I was just hitting that next blog button but then it was going to blogs that were stupid, written in squiggles, or didn't have the next blog button at the top, sooooo I was getting a bit perturbed so I decided to just hit on the people that have left comments on my pathetic blog and check out the people they linked to their blogs

Now some were really interesting and I would like to check back and read again but now I won't remember where they are and where I found them soooooooo
my question is do I ask the blogger if can link them to my blog - honestly for easy access for me to find again - or do I just link them without asking - what is the proper linking protocol???

I always feel like a tool leaving comments on blogs that don't relate to their post but I suppose I should ask right?? I don't think I would want people linking me to their blogs without me knowing... or maybe I wouldn't care... I don't know...

Oh yeah, and do I let the person know how I found their blog....cause I may have found their blog from some other blog that I've never commented on and then would that original blogger's feeling be hurt cause I didn't' comment on their blog but opened their links....like looking for something better - would that be like dating the guy to get closer to the friend??? (not that I ever did that.....)

Oh I'm tired now...forget it

Oh again - if you have one of those sitemeter things on your blog and see that I was on your blog for like 3 hours I was probably just reading all the other links (god, should I have I told you that?)

6 comments:

Lori said...

LoL! :) Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your comment.

I have absolutely NO idea what the protocal is for linking! OneHung was very polite and asked me, he then even took the time to introduce me...he's such a gentleman! :)

I've done it both ways...asked and not. I don't think I've upset anyone...that I know of anyway!

TexasGal said...

My guess would be link to them. If you like their blog then probably the people that like yours will too. BTW...I linked to yours from Karlababble.

Nicki said...

I just link to them. I don't give a crap if they know or not (just kidding), but I can tell who's coming to my blog from another a lot, so I check it out and start reading theirs.

You can also save them as your favorites. That's what I do. I need to update my pimpin' section of my blog for the ones I read but don't have listed.

maybetomorrow said...

Hi Lori - ya Hung can be a real gentlemen..until you don't post for awhile then it's like...nothing you ever said mattered..whatever you shared was irrelevant...he just edits your link right out of his blog...hmph
(just jokin)ha

Welcome texasgirl - I'll be checking out your blog

Freak - ya screw em - just link away eh...I'd save in my favs but the husband may decide to snoop one day and somehow find this little ditty of a blog...and let's just say I ain't ready to deal yet
P.S. - it's February (hint hint)

Anthony said...

I'm not schooled on Blogger etiquette. Generally, I just link someone on my sidebar without asking. I think it's bad etiquette, but so far, I haven't been asked to stop.

It's always someone whose blog I've visited and who visits mine, so I guess the link is welcome.

if they're linking me, I don't mind ... unless it's some animal husbandry blog or something. :)

karla said...

You don't have to ask permission to link someone. Everyone loves to have their blog linked so that others may stumble across them. And that's the reason we write on these dopey things anyway, we're hoping someone, or many someones, out there will read it and enjoy it and pass it on to others.

Also, we do it because we're fucking nuts.